All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying property without building inspection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Chief WigamChief Wigam
    Participant
    @chief-wigam

Hello.

i have bought a property which is about to settle in 8 days.

no building inspection was done and none is being allowed by the seller at the final inspection which will be in 4 days.

the contract of sale did not contain a building permit for the extension done 5 years ago. The other issue is it didn’t contain a builders warranty insurance. My solicitor has requested this from the seller’s solicitor several times and nothing has been received to date.

So I don’t know who the builder was and now have doubts about the quality of the extension.

i have the right to rescind the contract since not providing the above is a clear breach of the Building Act.

is there any way to get a copy of the building permit or at least find out who the builder was without going through council? Council won’t give it to me as I am not listed as owner.

Thanks for any advice

Profile photo of HomeBuyerLouisianaHomeBuyerLouisiana
    Participant
    @homebuyerlouisiana

It’s a red flag that they are not allowing a building inspection. I wouldn’t go ahead with a deal if the seller did that.

HomeBuyerLouisiana | Home Buyer Louisiana
    https://homebuyerlouisiana.com

Aussie entrepreneur investing in New Orleans houses

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.