All Topics / Help Needed! / Subdividing Questions Qld

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of benish10benish10
    Participant
    @benish10

Hey everyone, I have a few questions around the process and cost of subdivision. Firstly, I live in Townsville, and this is where I have found a potential property to buy and subdivide.

What is the process, where to start, who to consult (council, surveyors etc) when it comes to subdividing?

Is there a way to find out if it is possible before purchasing/owning the property?

Does anyone have any recent experiences of this in Townsville and could throw a ball park figure of the costs involved?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

Profile photo of T.B.T.B.
    Participant
    @t-b

Hey Benish,

Maybe give your local council and town planning a call first. I know that some areas require a certain amount of land for subdivision. Alternatively if you buy 2 lots, you can do whats called a boundary realignment. If they are next to each other you can move the boundaries around to suit the desired lay out and change the shape of the property . This will help if one is smaller than the other and needs more room receive a better sales/rental result. Obviously will also work better with acerage but its something to keep in mind .

Best of luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.