All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking for advice on selling a house in Brisbane

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of pbpropertypbproperty
    Participant
    @pbproperty

I have a high-set house that I have freshened up in Sunnybank, Brisbane and now wish to sell it. It seems to me most buyers attending open houses in my area are families but I feel the property would appeal more to a buyer of rooming houses (rooms upstairs and downstairs with own kitchen and bathroom). However, I am having difficulty finding buyer of rooming accommodation (letting rooms).

Has anyone advice on connecting with rooming accommodation buyers? Any forums? Property investor groups?

Cheers

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi PBP,
    Sounds good, but a bit of clarification please…

I feel the property would appeal more to a buyer of rooming houses (rooms upstairs and downstairs with own kitchen and bathroom).

Does each ROOM have these, or does each area (upstairs and downstairs) have separate kitchen and bathroom? If the former is true, this sounds like it is set up for MHO and should be a great cashflow possibility.

Tell me more….

Benny

Profile photo of pbpropertypbproperty
    Participant
    @pbproperty

Each area (upstairs and downstairs) have their own kitchen, bathroom, laundry, living room, and entrance, as well as being lockable. Lockable in that people upstairs can’t get into downstairs and vice versa.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Cool. So two self-contained units – one up, one down. Depending just where in Sunnybank you are, there may well be a need for doctors and nursing staff to rent nearby to the QE2 Hospital. Have you approached them to see how they are situated re “temporary accommodation”? Maybe QE2 might like to buy it – or, at least, they might show an interest in becoming permanent corporate renters of such a place. If so, that info would surely lift this place higher for any interested investors.

Or, maybe look at Airbnb accom for families who might want to be near the QE2 while loved ones are in hospital. If not close by, look at providing bicycles, or seek out nearby scooter parks they can utilise. Or, if they have vehicles, do you have vehicle accommodation for both units?

Sounds like you personally don’t want to hold it – but would you, if the return was better? Temporary accomodation is always a much higher return, but then it is more difficult (and costly) to manage.

Just a few thoughts. If still wanting to sell, drop me a line with more info…. I know someone who may have some interest in such a property,
    Benny

Profile photo of B7BB7B
    Participant
    @kellian

Were you able to sell or did you hold onto it?

Profile photo of HomeBuyerLouisianaHomeBuyerLouisiana
    Participant
    @homebuyerlouisiana

I would get a good real estate agent who has sold properties to those sort of buyers in the past.

HomeBuyerLouisiana | Home Buyer Louisiana
    https://homebuyerlouisiana.com

Aussie entrepreneur investing in New Orleans houses

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.