All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Renovating for a living

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Marchoz769Marchoz769
    Join Date: 2019
    Post Count: 1

    G’day all I am new to the forums.
    I have been thinking of flipping houses and doing the research at the moment.

    – Do I need to be a builder / owner builder?
    In Western Australia, if your planning construction which is needing council approval (i.e. building a garage, extension, Patio) & costs exceed 20K you need to have a builder/owner builder. Owner builder can only be done once in 7 years so that wouldnt work if flipping houses.

    However, I want to know if, I’m not necessarily physically adding to the home, but my total costs exceed that figure do I need a builders ticket?
    I.e. I might erect a patio and put through council at $8K than do kitchen, bathroom, laundry etc and hit $30K….

    Sorry if stupid question but I want to cover all bases.


    Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Join Date: 2005
    Post Count: 3,850

    By the sound of it you intend to run the business of a builder, you will need a builders licence. Owner builders licences are restricted to PPOR not flipping.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.