All Topics / Value Adding / Kitchen reno – Bunnings or Ikea

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of JanHJanH
    Participant
    @jhmz

I need to upgrade the kitchen in a small unit in the Eastern Suburb of Melbourne. Because it’s an very old building and I intent to sell in a couple years’ time, I don’t want to spend more than I should. I am indecisive between Bunnings Kaboodle Kitchen or Ikea…. Ikea has 25 years warranty and has cheaper range while Kaboodle offers only 10 years. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Profile photo of MattMatt
    Participant
    @ilp

I think it depends on what the market wants. I recently renovated the bedrooms and loungeroom in one of my properties and I used the cheapest products I could find. I chose cheap products because I didn’t believe the market was going to pay more for expensive products. When I refer to ‘the market’, I mean that properties with nicer products weren’t commanding a rent or sale price that would outweigh the additional expense. Hope this helps.

Profile photo of JanHJanH
    Participant
    @jhmz

Thanks Matt. I ended up paying for a company to do the whole lot. You are right about the preferences of the buyer or renter. Expensive products won’t make any difference to the rent of this old unit.

Profile photo of BrettBrett
    Participant
    @brettgarland

Hi,

I know you have posted that you chose a company to do it but thought I would reply in case others needed help.

I have used both Kaboodle and Ikea for kitchens, Where possible I would go back to IKEA.

Regards,
    Brett

Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

We have a Ikea kitchen here in NY…..its from 2009…..here we are in 2019 and looks as good as new-would totally use them again.

http://www.collins.net.pr/Photo/House%20photos/135%20Henry%20St%2C%20Brooklyn/3%20-%20Final%20Outcome/photo.htm

Profile photo of Kumpapeat4Kumpapeat4
    Participant
    @kumpapeat4

Ikea is cheaper and has long years of warranty. I choose Ikea if you have two choices only. Anyway, try to find cheaper yet good quality.

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Ikea is cheaper and has long years of warranty. I choose Ikea if you have two choices only. Anyway, try to find cheaper yet good quality.

The last time I looked at IKEA kitchens the backing of the cabinets was a bit thin. Happy with them otherwise but I like to know the cabinets are solid. I choose Bunnings for that one but this was in coastal QLD area and my options were limited. Haven’t checked the cabinet strength of the Kaboodle ones.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.