All Topics / Help Needed! / Historic Median House Prices – using this data for your investing

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertyGuru31PropertyGuru31
    Participant
    @propertyguru31

Hi all,

Could I get a idea of how you use historical median house prices per suburb (over a period of years) for houses/units etc to guide your investing strategy? Curious to know your thoughts. I have provided some options below. You can just provide a response a, b, c, or d.

(a) I use historical house prices and average annual growth per suburb as a key basis for selecting areas I may wish to invest in, as it provides a helpful indication of future trends
    (b) I use historical house prices and average annual growth per suburb as a general guide for selecting areas I may wish to invest in, as it provides a very basic guideline for future trends
    (c) I use historical house prices and average annual growth per suburb as a small factor in my future investing strategy
    (d) I don’t use historical house prices and trends per suburb as it is a meaningless indication for future trends

Thanks.

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

e) I look at it, but it is only one measure amongst many, and it is a lag indicator not a lead one. Past performance is no predictor of future performance. Sometimes the opposite in fact. Look at new trends, demographics and infrastructure then work out your lead indicators, then make an informed choice about where to buy.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.