All Topics / General Property / Quote for building

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Shehan TambiShehan Tambi
    Participant
    @shehantambi

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a website with a calculator or a good source to work out my average cost of build on a new vacant land ?

Has anyone found success in getting a couple of quotes online that was as accurate as possible?

Just want to check if there was a way to calculate it myself before approaching a builder hate to have to waste their time tbh

Profile photo of IllusivedreamsIllusivedreams
    Participant
    @illusivedreams
    Profile photo of Shehan TambiShehan Tambi
    Participant
    @shehantambi

cheers mate !

Profile photo of NM7NM7
    Participant
    @nm7

Hi Shehan,

I basically took my rough drawing / plans to several builders to get some rough pricing and inclusions they provided. We did that exercise about 12 months ago and glad that we are in the tail end with our new home should be ready in approx 8 weeks time.

Purely from experience (based in Melbourne), I found most builders quote was fairly similar based on the inclusion levels we wanted. Best to go with someone whom you are comfortable and can see their recent builds. In the end, we went with recommendation from a friend who had build 4 homes from our current builder and I can see why as they have been very honest and the directors of the company are extremely approachable.

Our site supervisor is also brilliant who has gone out of his way to ensure tradies do a good job with the home. I would have no hesitation recommending them and look forward to moving to our new place in approx 2 months time.

Regards,
    NM7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.