All Topics / Help Needed! / Are these the top 10 drivers to property growth?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of IanIan
    Participant
    @rowester1910

Hi,

I’m currently researching where to purchase my first investment property. I know there’s some successful and reputable buyers agents out there, however I wanted to become knowledgeable and research where to invest, based on my own findings/data/facts.

To make this, somewhat overwhelming, task more manageable (and not being a sheep and following the masses) I’m putting together a list of the key drivers to property growth.

My list so far is:

– Unemployment %
    – Job growth %
    – Population growth %
    – Sales: stock on market %
    – Sales: days on market #
    – Sales: price growth %
    – Rentals: vacancy rate %
    – Rentals: yields %
    – Planned infrastructure $
    – Variety of employment sectors (i.e mining towns versus service centres/cities)

I really want my decisions to be based on data, and remove emotion (or listening to the media) away from my decisions.

I’d love your input, as to whether these are en point, or whether there’s better/additional items to consider. Anyone have some ideas?

Then I’ve got to work out how to find this data (in easily imported format, i.e excel!)

Cheers, Ian

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Profile photo of Ian Ian.
    Profile photo of IanIan
    Participant
    @rowester1910

in addition to the above…..

The numbers in isolation will mean little. But tracking the data month to month will hopefully highlight where the opportunities will arise. Hopefully! :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.