All Topics / Help Needed! / Does off market sale work well in Melbourne??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of fxdaemonfxdaemon
    Participant
    @fxdaemon

Hi experts,

I am contemplating selling my home in Melbourne eastern burb to downsize.

Having been through couple of sales with typical open inspection, pushy agents after marketing costs
    incurred, it’s left a bitter and sour experience with me to say the least.

Having checked out a few buyer advocates website and spoken with 3 agencies, the idea and suggestion of
    off-market sale strategy has been floated to me. The things I get sold on by the agents are:
    – minimal costs involve to test the market instead of the comprehensive marketing plan and costs
    – inspection strictly by appointment for interest parties and not OFI to anyone and his/her dogs
    – more flexible with pricing based on “market” feedback including buyer’s advocates. Though I am not
    too sure about the last bit.

Has anyone every sold property with off-market approach?
    Can a superb price outcome be achieved realistically? I’ve read enough of reports of crazy $X above
    reserved achieved in auction vs auction won’t get your the highest price so that tells me auction is
    a bit of a hit and miss wildcard.

How about off market? Is it like to achieve those crazy $X above reserved type outcome?

Any pros and cons with real experience please kindly share and educate me.

Thank in advance.

Cheers,
    FXD

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.