All Topics / Help Needed! / Does anyone else lack time to…?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of LauraLaura
    Participant
    @lsmeet

I have read a couple of property books and attended some training last year but I just don’t have the time to get my property business going; my current job is so demanding. No One seems to admit to this problem / challenge, so is it just me? :)

Profile photo of AdelaideBrokerAdelaideBroker
    Participant
    @adlbroker

If you don’t have time – outsource the responsibilities to someone else.

What exactly is your ‘property business’? Just owning a portfolio of properties, or are you looking at doing something more business related in the field?

AdelaideBroker | Adelaide Broker
    http://adelaidebroker.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Adelaide based mortgage broker

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Laura,
    I know years back (and probably still today) I recall Steve saying something like “What are you prepared to give up to reach your goals?” He was pointing out we all have 24 hours a day, and these hours are apportioned according to how we choose. It may be that your time is “full” which means you will need to give some thought re how to “empty” a few spots on your daily schedule.

Having a goal, and (even more important) a major reason behind reaching a goal, can help to galvanise your decisions and give you direction. One scenario Steve mentions is “OK, so you want to make $100k – WHY do you want $100k? Could it be to get you the deposit for your first home so you can start a family? Or maybe it is required for life-saving surgery for one of your own? Whatever the “WHY” is behind your goals, is super important in helping to make that goal a MUST for you.”

Now Laura, they are his words as I recall them – hopefully the gist of his wisdom comes through.

And a quote I read recently sang to me – I have been guilty of exactly this, so it pulled me up when I read it –

“In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia, until we ultimately become enslaved by it – Robert Heinlein – 1907-1988, Novelist and Screenwriter”

Hope that helps somewhat….

Benny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.