All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of TimbondinTimbondin
    Participant
    @tbondin

Hi All. I am completely new to the forum. I have been an investor for 15 years and have made my money from capital growth. I have now cashed in and want to start making purchases of cash flow positive properties. I have read Steves book but to be honest I am nervous about making the commitment because of the unknown. I have done a heap of research on various properties with seemingly strong yields but I am just not sure about making the plunge. Can someone give me some words of encouragement or help me through the process a little. I have about $1 mill to invest. Your help or as much help as you can would be appreciated.

Profile photo of JaxonJaxon
    Participant
    @jaxona

good morning Tim,

happy to have a chat and answer all questions for you.

to answer your question super briefly, I would suggest understanding your current position (e.g. 1 mil cash, 0 IP (Investment Properties) and the end goal lets say its 5 investment properties that return 9%+ with a value of 1.4mil return after expenses $120,000 PA) for you to live off for the rest of your life or to manage the properties and grow that to $200k PA 5 years after that.

feel free to pm me details and we can arrange a time.

Kind regards

Jaxon Avery

Jaxon | Jaxon Avery – Financial Adviser
    http://www.jpafinancialservices.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

JPA Financial Services Pty Ltd

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Tim

Must admit I was lucky enough to have retired in 2004 at age 40 from my rental income on over 40 unencumbered properties.

10 year later the same properties had doubled in capital growth and the rents risen again but you have do the hard yards to start with.

In 2017 the market is different again and you need to use creative strategies to pay down debt and increase yield.

Many of our clients are now using a combination of property / investment in mortgage trusts to pay down the debt to mix the asset base as well as increase the over returns.

Direct property has both an upfront entry cost as well as ongoing costs which other asset classes dont have.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.