All Topics / Help Needed! / Submitting an offer

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Anthony ZanattaAnthony Zanatta
    Participant
    @azanatta91

Hi all,

Buying my first property and new to real estate agent tactics (I think). I’ve been to quite a few open homes and when I go to put a written offer forward using their template, the form always mentions something along the lines of “I’m being honest when I say $X is the most I’m prepared to pay”.

Is this some sort of tactic to jack up my initial offer, at which point the real negotiations will start, or is this my final number??

Thanks!
    Anthony

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Anthony many agents use such form (which is not legally binding) as a way of saying to you that they are presenting offer’s all at the same time and leaving it with the seller to decide which one to accept.

Do up your own template and conditions and merely change the address, price etc for each offer.

Give them a time frame to come back to you after which your offer expires.

Sure you might throw a offers out there without success but you will find out who is prepared to haggle and who isn’t.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Anthony ZanattaAnthony Zanatta
    Participant
    @azanatta91

That’s a great idea Richard, thanks for the advice!

Profile photo of MeganMegan
    Participant
    @meganclarke

Hi Anthony,

In regards to the wording of the statement, research has shown that people are more truthful in their answers when they are required to declare their honesty prior to completing a form, application, etc. Perhaps there is some psychology behind their tactic as well!

Megan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.