All Topics / General Property / Elizabeth SA Hidden Gem

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • David Thiu
    Participant
    @david-thiu

Hey guys,

Just thought I’d update you on that Duplex I was looking at in Elizabeth area.

Basically I thought the numbers seemed really good. $255,000 for potential rent of $400 per week, which pretty much would cover the mortgage repayments.

I also thought there was a lot of potential considering the block was over 1200 sqm and a developer recently built 4 townhouses on a similar site, selling each from around $300k.

Click here for details

Unfortunately when it came time to inspect I was horrified with what I witnessed. It wasn’t as simple as replacing the floorboards, adding a shower screen, and giving the property a lick of paint, but there were some serious electrical, plumbing and structural issues with the property.

And scary thing was there was a piece of paper in the kitchen that mentioned a window was broken the week before and squatter found inside!

I guess everyone was right, and I should have listened. But at least I learnt the hard way, and know now to stay away from buying a property in that area.

David Thiu
    Participant
    @david-thiu

Here’s some photos if you are interested

Click here to view

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.