All Topics / Help Needed! / Build Over Easement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of sunil200sunil200
    Participant
    @sunil200

I am developing multi units in southeast suburb of Melbourne. One of units’ garage is coming over South East water sewerage main pipe. And there is 1 branch going to neighbor’s house. My architect has converted garage to carport and raised the floor level of garage to apply offsets to the SEW pipe.
    Now I am not sure what to do with branch that goes to adjoining property from my property. Engineer has designed the carport side wall with blocks over that connection branch. Will water corporation allow this? OR is there any other way out.

Any experienced property developer or Plumber comments welcome here.

Profile photo of KingKing
    Participant
    @jaydenwalter

Have you tried working through this website http://southeastwater.com.au/Building/Pages/WorkNearAssetsEasements.aspx? They talk about what you can and can’t do in regards to building over pipes and easements. With property, I would always want to err on the side of caution so maybe lodge an application (if applicable) and see what their response is (or give them a call).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of King King.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.