All Topics / Heads Up! / Conference 2017

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of eMarkeMark
    Participant
    @emark

Couldn’t make it this year. Anyone on here that is attending this weekend? How’s it going? ☺

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

What conference?

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of eMarkeMark
    Participant
    @emark
    Profile photo of Adrian CahillAdrian Cahill
    Participant
    @adriannqld

Oh guys. It was Epic!!!
    Word around the audiance was pretty spectacular. All participants were easy going, approachable, interesting. All the speakers high class. Steve was mindblowing, caring, and energetic.

Personally, much of it may have been to abstract rather than into specifics. Still my buddies that went and I are all into full-time investing/business building and we all got a lot out of it still. By being in the presence of Steve (and speakers) who focused on the big picture for 3 days. Still got a fair bit out of it. Wife, daughter and I flew down from Townsville for it and it was my wife’s first event like this. Really opened her eyes to crunching numbers (and why Im using excell so much). She loved Lisa McInnes-Smith most. I like seeing Steve and Daniel Flynn (Thankyou Water) blew me away https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx44cXeKC7s&t=5s

Ticket Refund I gave away on the spot to http://www.pingpongathon.com Could have got my money back but got so moved by this cause and the awesomeness of the event Happily gave that away and bought 4 of Daniel Flynns books.

So I guess you could say it was definitely worth the flights, hotel, travel, time off. Whenever I’m in Australia and it’s on, I’ll be flying down.

Adrian Cahill | AdrianCahill.com Personal Development Expert
    http://adriancahill.com/from-investor-to-coach/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Here since 2002, however things have evolved over the years.

Profile photo of DwightDwight
    Participant
    @bigvman

I second everything Adrian has just said. I personally loved hearing Lisa McKinnes-Smith speaking again as there’s plenty of things I can change about how I talk to people.

Already looking forward to next years event in Melbourne.

Dwight

Cashflow Positive Investor

Participant
    @emark

Thanks Dwight

So it’s already been mentioned that it will be in Melbourne in 2018?

Profile photo of jamiedjamied
    Participant
    @jamieadowling

Conference just seems to get better and better!

It is just a brilliant opportunity to be around like minded people. People who want more from life for themselves and others and are willing to do the work to get there, people that are well on their way, and people who have made it and genuinely want others to make it too. Thank you so much to Steve and his incredible team, and all of the speakers, particularly Daniel Flynn. If you’ve never heard Daniel speak, I recommend you do whatever you can to do so.

I’ve already booked my ticket for next year, see you all there!

Profile photo of GaryGary
    Participant
    @garywell

Great conference!, learnt a lot and the negotiation tips by Steve were amazing. Thanks a lot Steve for putting this great event together.

Profile photo of StoobsStoobs
    Participant
    @stoobs

Was worth the expense, even after my flight was cancelled and I had to rebook the family on a different airline. Was a good reminder of the importance of mindset, in all aspects of my life.

Profile photo of Ben CalladineBen Calladine
    Participant
    @bennyjames

I had a great time. The propertyinvesting.com team always put on a great event… Thank you for the massive effort it takes to put on world class events, time and time again.

Like every year there was a powerful line up of speakers – this year I particularly loved the insights that Brendan Nichols gave away. I had a few A-HA moments on how the wealthy look at money. Brendan asked us to imagine that there was a million dollars on the table and asked “what does that mean”? What he saw was was eighty thousand dollars because one million invested at around 8% would give eighty thousand in passive income. Ding, ding, ding bells and light globes were going off for me.
    He also pointed out a belief that the wealthy have around the perception of what is a lot or a little. Brendan said you have to get to a point where 50k is not a lot of money. What a powerful insight!!

I could go on and on, there was so many take-aways from all the speakers and participants over the three days. There were lots of meaningful moments on purpose and contribution.

For me the biggest A-HA came from the powerful Steve McKnight – he asked four questions and I am going to be vulnerable with everyone here (we are all property friends). I have listed my answers and some of what they revealed.

Q. Who is my biggest positive money influence? A. Dad
    Q. Who is my biggest negative money influence? A. Dad
    Q. What is my basic feeling about money? A. Excited/fear
    Q. Am I attracting money or repelling it? A. I am not balling yet, so I guess I am repelling it but if I feel excited and fear about money possible I attract and repel it. Foot on the gas and brake, or go back and forth between the two.

I did not have many money influences growing up, in my life I have just been copying what they did. I need to consciously seek more positive money influences and emulate their habits, values and beliefs about money. I will be able to get where they are rather than blindly following the old mainly unconscious game plan / blue print.
    This has been a huge A-HA moment because in the past I believed my thoughts and feelings about money, life, family etc were real and just the way it was.
    In fact I just made them up, because of the influences around my life.

I have decided that my thoughts, feeling, habits, values, beliefs etc just are. Not positive, not negative they just are. They produce an outcome but they just are. Contrast to the past where I held onto my feelings and beliefs because I thought they were real, they were emotionally charged (or maybe I did not think about it, it was just unconscious). I kept hitting a glass ceiling the old beliefs were limiting me to. I can now see the tiny rope holding the elephant and I have the clarity to break through and move to the next level.

Ben

Ben Calladine

See you at the top!!

Profile photo of GaryGary
    Participant
    @garycleary

Great Conference again this year. A list of brilliant presenters, covering a range of topics and areas of life. It was a fantastic opportunity to spend time with like-minded people and to network.
    Lots to take-away like last year, with plenty of practical tips.

We’ll be back again next year!

Thank you Steve, Presenters and Team.

Profile photo of CJHCJH
    Participant
    @cjh

Thanks again Steve.

Even though I’m not able to do any investing at the moment, as always it was invaluable to be at conference – to be around like minded people which helps me stay focused and keep my thinking on track.

It was a highlight of my year and I learned many things that will improve my life and the lives of my family.

Also the Gala Dinner on Saturday night was a highlight!

Profile photo of Simon CSimon C
    Participant
    @simon-c

Hi Steve,

Another awesome conference. Thanks so much for your generosity providing a great night at the gala dinner on Saturday night. It was great to be part of the video and hope the team remain safe and well in Florida. The three days were energising and cant wait to get started with STEPS. I met some great people to add to my network and have already started to put in place some changes from the information provided by the speakers who were all sensational. Can’t believe its only 9 months till the next years conference. Can’t wait!

Profile photo of dalefreodalefreo
    Participant
    @dalefreo

It was a great 2017 conference. I got what I need to move my investing to the next level. It was so inspiring to hear Lisa and Cherie, two motivating and successful Australian business women.
    Dale

Participant
    @emark

Sounds Great!

What was the video that you were part of?

What was Florida all about?

9 months till the next one? Are the dates locked in yet? I’m assuming it’s in Melbourne.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi eMark,

9 months till the next one? Are the dates locked in yet? I’m assuming it’s in Melbourne.

The concrete is hardening – I’ve heard the plans, but I’ll leave it to Steve, Jason, or Romy to confirm the actual dates/venue once they are absolutely locked in. For now, I believe it is OK to say “It is planned to be in Melbourne, near EoFY”.

Benny

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Benny Benny.
    Profile photo of CJHCJH
    Participant
    @cjh

Sounds Great!
    What was the video that you were part of?
    What was Florida all about?

The video was at the gala dinner for fund investors. We filmed a video to thank the team managing the fund’s properties in Florida, especially because they’ve just dealt with the hurricane going through that area.

Next year is locked in 22nd-24th June at Pullman On The Park in Melbourne.

Profile photo of Keith and LindaKeith and Linda
    Participant
    @keithandlinda489

Hi Everyone,

This year was my first MMC and it was absolutely, hands down the best conference I have been to in my entire life!! (I have been to a lot of other conferences as a requirement of my current day job and nothing comes close). A MASSIVE thank you Steve, you really know how to put together a world-class experience. Every speaker was so engaging and had such profound, inspiring and challenging messages and experiences to share. What also took it to the next level is how approachable, friendly and genuine the speakers were in wanting to help others. I also loved the opportunity to meet and connect with like minded people (refreshing change from the naysayers and people who think I’m crazy for having big goals), it really made me feel like I had found where I belong and my purpose in life. I loved how the conference was not only about investing and business, but how it connected to the wider world and the opportunity we all have to contribute and make the world a better place with our success. I have to agree with Steve in saying Daniel Flynn (from Thankyou) was the best speaker, he moved me like no other has before and he is an absolutely amazing, inspiring person, who is really leading by example and changing the world. It was a total privilege to hear him speak. My aim is to do my best to become successful so I can be the Steve that was there to donate significant funds to help a worthwhile cause when it was needed. For now, I contributed within my means and bought Chapter One (Daniel’s book -Google it!), looking forward to Chapter Two!

If you have never been to an MMC you are missing out!! Don’t um and ah about it, sign up for the next one!! I have already bought tickets for next year and have been telling everyone I can about it :D You will not be disappointed. I brought my brother and friend along to this years MMC and they were skeptical, but will happily tell you now, they had a fantastic time and got a lot out of it. I also met many people who have been going to MMC for several years now and they keep coming back.

Hope to see you all in Melb in 2018! (If you see me wondering around, come say Hi-I would love to meet you and hear your story). Looking forward to it!!

-Linda Lai (property investor (on the side for now, hopefully full time one day soon!), from Adelaide, aspiring property developer-just signed up for Matt Jones’ subdivision course, and recently completed Steve’s Cert IV property apprenticeship-Also got to meet Steve in person at MMC and got totally star struck haha he’s a lovely guy :D).

Keith and Linda

The world is changed by your example, not your opinion. -Paulo Coelho

Profile photo of MargueriteMarguerite
    Participant
    @margueritedb

Fantastic conference with great speakers. I always take so many learnings away from it and leave feeling inspired. This is the only property conference I would recommend to novice investors and I wish I had known about it earlier as it would have saved me a lot in mistakes.
    Thank you again to Steve, Romy, Jason and the entire crew who made it happen!

Profile photo of Kimberley48Kimberley48
    Participant
    @kimberley48

Best Conference ever! Steve amazing as always if not a little more vulnerable than ever. Loved Cherie, Matt Jones and forever love for Dan Flynn. Will buy every Thank You product possible. Thanks to the team. Awesome event. Inspired again :) xx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.