All Topics / General Property / Quantity surveyor vs builders

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Kevin
    Participant
    @kevin

Morning,

I am looking at building a pair of town houses. Have spoken to an accountant and they have suggested that I get the builder to provide a broken down cost of building the properties for depreciation purposes, they have the invoices / receipts for cost. The builder obviously isn’t happy about this and has said they provide a list via a quantity surveyor.

What would be the difference?

Wouldn’t the quantity surveyor provide a higher cost as they are basing it on retail price where as builders would be on their purchase price.

I will still ask for the itemized break down as i understand each item has a different depreciation that also depends on how the item is installed. eg stove via hardwired or plug to the wall / GPO.

Your thoughts / suggestions?

Yes i have contacted the accountant for clarification. looking for other thoughts.

regards,
    Kevin

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Doesn’t surprise me that the builder isn’t too happy. I’ve never had this issue – I just provide the build documents to the accountant and a report from a quantity surveyor.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.