All Topics / Help Needed! / What tool to use to find areas that suits my buying power?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of StevenSteven
    Participant
    @steven1982

As the title suggests.

It might be a very newbie question, but is there any tools or website that does the following for me:

1. I plug in my buying power
    2. It lists out the areas that fits that.

For example, if my financial situation only allows me to buy say 500K, then there is probably very little point of me looking for properties within area that have a median sale value of 1M.

So I am wondering if there is anything I can use where I can specify 500K, and it lists out all the areas within a state or even in the whole of Australia that sales are below 500K?

I have come across a few website, but they are all the other way around, where I specify a suburb and it lists the market value within that suburb… but what I am looking for is the opposite where I specify the market value and expect to see a list of suburbs matching the market value.

Cheers
    Steven

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Just go onto Real Estate and put in your price limit and the State you want to look at first. You’ll get a huge amount of hits. (ie when I put in <500k in SA, theres 19,458 properties listed)

Otherwise you can use the invest tab and use the heat map to narrow down specific suburbs OR the neighbourhoods section to shortlist suburbs by median. There’s a LOT of suburbs however so it may be too much data to be of value to search in that manner.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of StevenSteven
    Participant
    @steven1982

Hi Corey

Thanks for the suggestions.

Although rather than putting in <500K and listing over 19K properties, I was hoping for something more like “putting in <500K and be given a list of suburbs… then I will study those suburbs before looking at the individual properties within that suburb…”

Cheers
    Steven

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Hi Steven,

The last option I’ve suggested will do just about that https://www.realestate.com.au/neighbourhoods. Otherwise sift through all the data in Australia – but you’ll find with over 3800 suburbs in Australia over 2000 of them will likely be <500k and be of little value to search via that method.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of OriginalsinnerOriginalsinner
    Participant
    @originalsinner

You could scan through the medians in the real estate investment mags, and highlight the ones that look interesting. Actually, you might also like to check out “Your Investment Property” online. Lots of useful info there. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.