All Topics / Help Needed! / How to find "Fire Sales" for bargain prices

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ajayayyarajayayyar
    Participant
    @ajayayyar

Hi all – could I get some guidance around where and how I could find ‘fire sales’ where receivers have been appointed to sell properties for low prices. This is where someone cannot afford to make payments and the house has been recovered by the bank, and needs to be liquidated.

Are there any particular tips or strategies any of you recommend?

Kind regards,
    Ajay

Profile photo of JaxonJaxon
    Participant
    @jaxona

Around Australia, do researchs with bank / repossesion etc
    call agencies and leave your info etc. chase up owners selling before the bank does

Jaxon | Jaxon Avery – Financial Adviser
    http://www.jpafinancialservices.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

JPA Financial Services Pty Ltd

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Bank repossessions (mortgagee sales) generally aren’t cheaper than normal prices – they have to demonstrate they’ve made all efforts to sell the property at market value otherwise the vendor can sue the bank for taking advantage of their situation and underselling the property.

You’ll find most banks because of this will run auctions for mortgagee sales so long as the market permits – otherwise they will have a set figure in mind which may well be well above what the property is even worth.

The little thin value in mortgagee repossessions can be when they’re in working class areas and potentially vandalised by the previous owners (for ‘revenge’ or the like), and there’s limited desire for locals to purchase the property or to buy at auction. In some cases these properties may go towards the cheaper end of their range, but even then if there’s enough keen investors around they will still go at market rates.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of ajayayyarajayayyar
    Participant
    @ajayayyar

Thanks all. Very helpful.

Profile photo of JaxonJaxon
    Participant
    @jaxona

Corey how would you answer the question then?

Any tips and specifics to find deals?

Because the ones I listed above have helped me. And you only need 1 deal at a time (to start with) that is under valued not every single one, so I would agree there are some of the issues you mentioned but deals go through everyday that are under valued.

Jaxon | Jaxon Avery – Financial Adviser
    http://www.jpafinancialservices.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

JPA Financial Services Pty Ltd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.