All Topics / Commercial Property / Converting an office space in CBD high rise

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

Hi,
    I wanted to know more on converting an office space in CBD high rise.
    Large areas seem cheap, and realistically they are only missing some internal walls and a bathroom.
    If I find a part of a commercial high rise floor with a Kitchenette would that be enough to add a bathroom? Only problem is the waste pipe would not be as big as a traditional toilet pipe, not sure if that would cause issues. Bathroom floor may need to be raised for piping.
    Additionally I would have to weigh up the annual fees, and the council rates would be commercial rates too.
    Would a commercial high rise be multi use? Comm/residential.

Is this a bad idea? I just wanted a cheaper 2 bed unit in the city.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of vyaw2003 vyaw2003.
    Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Good luck getting council approval for change of use. If this is a functioning high rise you have zip all chance of getting this done – the odd time it does happen is when the entire building/most upper floors are all converted to residential which is a rarity except for conversions on old office buildings than anything new.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

ok, so i would have more chances at converting an entire smaller building, and it only makes sense where it is a great buy price, buying an entire building is a lot different to just buying 1 floor. I do know of an inner city tin shed and half of it was converted into a 2 bedder. Would that have been hard to get conversion approval?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.