All Topics / General Property / When to get quantity surveyor?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Guest

Hi everyone, I am going over my summary notes I have made from reading some books and now I am looking at one page which talks about getting a quantity surveyor to get you a depreciation schedule. So the part I am confused on is this, a quantity surveyor is a person who calculates the amount of materials needed for building work, and how much they will cost. So does quantity surveyor do calculations on what it costs to build the entire house like materials and that or does it also include stuff like if you want to renovate your bathrooms or such? Thanks. And if so I assume you get one before construction commences or renovations?

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

You get a QS after a renovation is complete/post construction so they can generate a report for your accountant with the relevant claimable amounts.

The only exception to this is large development finance applications which require schedules done at the point of finance application to validate the costings.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Guest

Ah awesome thanks Corey.

Profile photo of CherryCherry
    Participant
    @investmore2017

You get a QS after a renovation is complete/post construction so they can generate a report for your accountant with the relevant claimable amounts.
    The only exception to this is large development finance applications which require schedules done at the point of finance application to validate the costings.

Thank you for this concise and straightforward information, Corey. I always thought QS is post-construction; it’s different if you heard it directly from the expert.

Cherry
    Email Me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.