All Topics / General Property / Morayfield worth investing in?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of StevenSteven
    Participant
    @steven1982

Census data shows it has a population of over 21K, with median age of 32.

Friend of mine forwarded me a map for a place labelled “Creeks Edge”, which seems to be under going a huge number of constructions, and I had agents contacting me checking if I would express any interest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morayfield,_Queensland

Thoughts?

Profile photo of JaxonJaxon
    Participant
    @jaxona

population growth will be liekly large in that area over the next 10 years, sunshine coast has a stack of money, the gold coast has more getting pumped into it.

more importantly, buy undervalued with a 7-15% ROI, and positibe cash flow.

brisbane prices are likely to rise after this apartment overload that just happened. (providing not to many large investors keep oversuppling

Jaxon | Jaxon Avery – Financial Adviser
    http://www.jpafinancialservices.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

JPA Financial Services Pty Ltd

Profile photo of StevenSteven
    Participant
    @steven1982

Hi Jaxon

I have been approached with a property in Morayfield, but 2 factors are kind of putting me off a little bit:

1. It is an off-the-plan project, with projection of 5% capital growth. Kind of crappy statistics to me from a capital growth point of view, but the projected cash flow is positive. The property itself is more than 450k, but less than 500K, and rental income based on 2 different agency review is between 520 – 560 per week. So it doesn’t increase in capital values a lot, but I was given a very detailed calculation which suggests it is positive cash flow of 4K per year, which is not bad. Just the Off-the-plan part really puts me off.

2. It is dual occupancy, and while the projected rental income per week is between 520-560, but in reality it is actually 300+220 ~ 320+240, so there might be a chance that not both dwellings are occupied at once, thus only 50% of the income are available. Add to that, the land size is rather small, only 450 sqm so it is very hard to develop further…

Participant
    @steven1982

Actually…

Just an update on that… that property in Morayfield was sold already….

But still, what’s your opinion on that property based on my description?

Participant
    @jaxona

Ok so Its fine, but do you want fine or a great deal?

for instance I have a deal that settles tomrrow that makes me around the same return ($2500-35000PA) after exepnses per year, the difference is I bought it for $121,000, that means less risk, less loan repayments etc. so once again do you want fine or a great deal?

mate you can get really great deals if you do your research anywhere, I live gold coast and there are deals here and all over Australia, you just need to know exactly what your criteria is.

for instance mine is 8% ROI minimum plus oppurtunity for equity building (I bought a house that if I spend around 20k should bump it 40-80k on the current market)
    for e.g.
    thats the yearly rent divded by the property purchase price

so my recent purchase earns 240pw x52(weeks) divided by 121,000 = 10.3% or .103

also I am very against buying off the plan because its rare to get a deal, unless you know developer or etc.
    they generally dont discount and wont beat the market, you hustle and put multiple offers, you can beat the market.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @steven1982

Is yours an off-the-plan project with 400-500 sqm land too or is it a proper 600-800 sqm land property?

How did you find such low prices? When you say “do your own research”, what method did you use to find such properties?

Just a few moments ago, I typed quite a lengthy reply to someone else about how I think research using data that are easily accessible to general public is not consider a good idea in my opinion.

My exact wording was:

—————- snip —————-
    My primary concern is that I am not really a fan of “competing against public”, because that would mean too much competition.

What I mean is that for example, imagine you are applying for a job, you can go to SEEK. The problem with that approach is that you can go to SEEK, so can I, and so can anybody who is applying for a job. So more often than not, those jobs on SEEK attract so many applicants that chances are you CV ends up in HR’s rubbish bin without being read properly. But if the job application is fulfilled by internal referrals, then the candidate faces far less competition and is in a much better position to negotiate salary than if the company has 10+ candidates to cherry pick from.

While the situation with Realestate is different applying for a job, but the concept more or less still applies. If you can find a good deal in “for sale ads” section of a paper, then so can anybody who reads that same section. Likewise, if you see a good deal on domain.com or realestate.com.au, then so can everybody who visits those websites. When everybody fights for this good deal, then this good deal quickly turns into a bad deal due to everybody is attracted by that deal.

So to me, looking at information and deals that are easily accessible to general public is a big no no. I want to learn how to fish out those “hidden deals”…
    —————- snip —————-

So did you somehow fished that deal under the tip of the iceburg? Or was the information regarding to that deal easily accessible by general pubic but everybody else chose to ignore it while you saw the potential in it? I am very much interested in what method did you use to fish that deal out of the dark if you purchased it “off the market”.

P.S. I live in Melbourne, so hard for me to get local deals in QLD.

Participant
    @jaxona

900sqm, researched literally all of australia, studied suburbs when I found properties that stood out, I looked at the SQM area reports, I spoke with the agents and got info, I research every aspect of the property prior to purchase, recent sales etc, I found it for sale by owner on gumtree.

mate the property I bought is in vic, the address is 42 william street, cohuna (vic)

So I study realestate.com, Gumtree and apart from what I am planning to do next once I get to the point ready for it, contact real estate firms in each state and have my criteria and tell them to notfiy me.

the main thing I did is put 30 offers out in a week, I had numerous agents and had no commitment to any.

I also almost bought a house on gold coast but wasnt at the right ROI.

Mate you do raise a good point in your post, this is a really long conversation (typing wise) feel free to txt or call 0431376130.
    free tomrrow afternoon-friday so just txt first and we can chat and cover in 10 mins what would take a long long time typing

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @steven1982

Hi Jaxon

I was going to quote your post, but accidentally clicked on “report”. I apologize for that. So I will quote you a bit differently:

esearched literally all of australia, studied suburbs when I found properties that stood out,

So you mean you looked at literally and indiscriminately every single suburb in 1 state and repeated the whole process for all 7 states in Australia? How long does it take you to accomplish that?

looked at the SQM area reports
    That looks like a paid service. I can’t imagine you paying every time you want to look at a suburb though…

Also, when researching an area (for example, let’s say you are researching into something in Gold Coast), what information or data did you use as a “source of truth”, and what aspect of the information did you particularly look out for? Some I can think on top of my head include: is population raising, are there nearby infrastructure and facilities, whether that area has more home owners or more renters, whether it is close to a train line, if that area has good public schools… anything else?

Participant
    @jaxona

feel free to txt or call 0431376130.
    free tomrrow afternoon-friday so just txt first and we can chat and cover in 10 mins what would take a long long time typing

It is so much easier over phone hahahaha

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.