All Topics / General Property / Question about getting a buyers agent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Guest

I was wondering whoever has a buyers agent isn’t it risky to get one? Because say for example he looks for houses for you and he spots an amazing deal that is available on the market, and the buyers agent job is to tell you of such opportunity. Isn’t there a good chance that they might take that house and take your attention to another house so they can buy that one? Or am I missing something?

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Investor,
    Interesting question !!

Because say for example he looks for houses for you and he spots an amazing deal that is available on the market, and the buyers agent job is to tell you of such opportunity. Isn’t there a good chance that they might take that house and take your attention to another house so they can buy that one? Or am I missing something?

I would say there is as much chance of that happening as if you approached a RE agent to find properties to suit your circs. If they find a “hot deal”, wouldn’t they also go the same way and not present it to you? So really, you are “at their mercy”.

The flip side though is this:-
    1. No Buyers Agents nor RE agents are able to buy EVERY red-hot deal that comes up. Instead, they build rapport with investors (who they hope will become regular customers of theirs) by offering these little gems to their lists of buyers.

2. They are in the business of FINDING properties for someone who is paying them for doing it. Hand in hand, they are endeavouring to “build their business” – now, if a BA was to stiff you by buying something that would have suited (and you happen to find out about it) how likely is it that you will use their services again? Buckleys comes to mind.

Hope that helps,
    Benny

Profile photo of Guest

Yeah you got some good points. Yeah for the first one I did think they won’t be able to afford them all. Thanks for the help.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

One person can only buy so many properties!

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

And to afford the occasional good one themselves – they need to do a good job and help their clients buy suitable properties for a long while to build up their income/savings. ;)

You can always assume the worst in society – but we didn’t get this far as a people without people doing the right thing for the most part.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.