All Topics / Help Needed! / Stock Market

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of CherryCherry
    Participant
    @investmore2017

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading topics on this site and today, I decided to sign-up and post. It’s been my desire to invest on stock market but I have no idea where to start. I merely don’t want to just go, invest, and see what happens. Hope you guys can help me with this. Ideas, tips, suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Cherry
    Email Me

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Cheryl

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your time with us.

This is a property forum so you might not get too many fans of shares and the stock market post.

Whilst a lot of us have shares in our portfolios the majority of us built our wealth thru property.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of CherryCherry
    Participant
    @investmore2017

Thank you for the welcome and clarification, Richard. I sincerely appreciate it. It always feels good to be in a community of successful people.

Cherry
    Email Me

Profile photo of MikeMike
    Participant
    @mikesonthemic

Hi Cherry,

Check out Nick Radge at The Chartist (thechartist.com.au). I’ve been with Nick a few years now. He provides loads of free resources and a paid service which has different systematic and discretionary trading models along with technical and fundamental analysis. Above all though he will teach you how to understand, accept and control risk which is what most people get wrong.

Good luck

Profile photo of CherryCherry
    Participant
    @investmore2017

Hi Mike,
    Thank you very much for this! Appreciate your help and time.

Cherry
    Email Me

Profile photo of hobartchichobartchic
    Participant
    @hobartchic

You could place money into your super fund and ensure that it is a diversified portfolio including shares. I would consider hedging my bets in super with money invested in property, shares (australian and overseas), cash (international and australian) among other things. This would be a lower risk way to invest in shares and less likely to result in huge losses.

You could also place money in a managed fund but in an economic shock you may lose your money (higher risk).

I would recommend reading about the share market at your local library and/ or buying some books so you understand the risk and any opportunity. Best to spend money on things you understand (property or shares).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.