All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment in Indonesia booming land

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of alexalex
    Participant
    @investislands

Hi everyone,

First of all, I’d like to congrats for the tons of good info and knowledge that I’ve been able to get from you as a regular visitor.
    Thought would be good to invest some time in exchanging know-how and tips, and there’s something I have been working on for a while that I would like to have a broader advice on, and it’s foreign property, more specifically Indonesian property market, after reading the latest report by PWC is reported to become the 5th biggest economy by 2030 and the 4th by mid-century. the prices now are extremely favorable and ROI on sight, but wanted to hear from you guys, what you think and if anyone has had experiences on the matter.

Profile photo of JaxonJaxon
    Participant
    @jaxona

News to me! I dont think thats accuratem becoming the 5th biggest economy by 2030, so in 13 years its going to be stronger than germany, russia, china, japan, england?

Jaxon | Jaxon Avery – Financial Adviser
    http://www.jpafinancialservices.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

JPA Financial Services Pty Ltd

Profile photo of alexalex
    Participant
    @investislands

I know i was surprised as well that england russia and brazil could be outperformed. This is came to me so sudden, but after i read the PWC report of this year made much more sense, which actually goes even further with prediction until 2050 and Indonesia will have the 4th spot: China, India, US, Indonesia,

Check out the report fom PWC “The World in 2050”

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of alex alex.
    Profile photo of Ethan TimorEthan Timor
    Participant
    @ethantimor

One of my favourite sayings is: “If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything”

The report is talking about GDP PPP (adjusted to purchasing power)…

No offence and without causing alarm, but according to the logic in this thread, we should all sell all assets in Australia as it will slip down 4 ranks by 2030 and 9 ranks by 2050 😉

Link to report (skimmed, didn’t read):
    https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/issues/the-economy/assets/world-in-2050-february-2015.pdf

That said, yeah, who knows, maybe investing in Indonesia will yield better ROI but I personally like to invest where I can control and get finance 😎

Hope this helps?
    Ethan

Ethan Timor | Aligned Finance Pty Ltd
    http://www.alignedfinance.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Active Investor & Broker; Based in Northern NSW, servicing Australia wide; Author of '34 Proven Ways to Maximise Your Borrowing Power' (download free from our website)

Profile photo of David HallDavid Hall
    Participant
    @wiggles2

Hi Alex,

I spent a few years working in Indonesia for a mining company. When I left there 8 years ago A foreigner could only purchase if they had an Indonesian partner, who gets 51%. Corruption is rife and the government is far from honest and transparent.

I would tread very carefully. Find 2-3 people done it, get their experiences and learn from them. Risk removal is a biggie here.

David Hall | The Buyers Agency
    Email Me | Phone Me

Buyers Agent

Profile photo of glaucusglaucus
    Participant
    @glaucus

We spend plenty of time in Rote. Run a social enterprise project up there..
    Steve actually provides some support to us coincidentally enough but I have never touted this on his own site. I see it as cheating. :) We are ever grateful for this support and teaching wisdom he provides.
    Over dinner up in Utopia a couple of friends overheard a Singaporean investment broker has Rote marked as his greatest percentage of return out of the entire Asian portfolio.
    Rote is of course Indonesia, the closest island to Australia.

You can lease land in lots of 20, 25 and 30 years legally with add on options taking it up to 100 years. That’s a decent amount of time to be rewarded with the 25% annual capital growth the area is currently basking in.
    The West Coast of Rote Island

Profile photo of JaxonJaxon
    Participant
    @jaxona

Can I ask the Rote deals you have and its return etc?

Jaxon | Jaxon Avery – Financial Adviser
    http://www.jpafinancialservices.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

JPA Financial Services Pty Ltd

Profile photo of Andrew PittAndrew Pitt
    Participant
    @andrewpitt

Great photo of Rote(?), would boom if/when they allow/start direct flights from Aust to Kupang West Timor

Andrew Pitt

Enhancing Commercial Property to Empower Business

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

The concern in overseas locations should always be investment security, continuing visa and licencing approvals, 51% is scary, been there. Paradise beckons, some places are graveyards for unwary entrepreneurs. No doubt there are ways around the obstacles in every location. Good luck.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.