All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Binding Financial Agreement

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of propertyboypropertyboy
    Participant
    @propertyboy

Hi everyone, your help would be greatly appreciated.

I am planning on marrying my fiancee soon and I would like to have a prenuptial agreement prepared by an Australian lawyer under Australian law to protect a property I own in Victoria. I will also pay for my girlfriend to get legal advice from an Australian lawyer.

I am based in the UK and we would like to get married in the UK. Would this impact the validity of the prenuptial agreement? My aim is to move back to Australia in 2-3 years.

Will the agreement still be legally binding and enforceable in Australia if we were to get married in the UK and sign all the documents in the UK? If there is some risk the courts may not uphold the agreement due to us marrying in the UK I will be happy to come to Australia to sort this out but my preference is not to.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of propertyboy propertyboy.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of propertyboy propertyboy.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.