All Topics / Value Adding / All the "little" jobs & loose ends at the end of a reno.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of SimonSimon
    Participant
    @simon1313

Hi All

I’m nearing completion of the reno on my first IP. When it is finished & tenanted I will run through the work & numbers as I’m keen on some feedback to hopefully put me in a better position going into the next one.

So far everything has gone surprisingly smooth & well, a thoroughly enjoyably experience with results that have even impressed the wife. I however will be waiting on final achievable rent & revaluation before I get carried away patting myself on the back.

I find myself now however with lots of finishing off small jobs to do & little time to get them done. What advice do you have to get everything finished & NOT continue to add small bits to the list of jobs?

After 5 weeks of work + reno & no rest the energy levels & focus are waning.

Cheers All

S

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Simon,

Wow, you doing it all yourself then? Well done.

I find myself now however with lots of finishing off small jobs to do & little time to get them done.

Depending on WHAT those small jobs are, is it worth paying some “handyman” type to race through (with or without you) to help speed you to where you can get an income from it. e.g. if it will take you another 3 weeks to complete, but a handyman can be working this when you are “at work”, you could perhaps bring in 2 extra weeks of rent that you wouldn’t otherwise…..

What advice do you have to get everything finished & NOT continue to add small bits to the list of jobs?

As above, it really depends just what those jobs are. Maybe have a RE agent come look at it with a view to picking up the mgmt of your place – have them tell you what is really needed, and what is “not necessary”. Again, I am firing blind here, as I don’t know just what these small jobs are.

What does the wife think? Or is she the one who is saying “We must do xxx before we rent it” and is adding to the list….. ;)

Benny

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Benny Benny.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.