All Topics / Value Adding / Help Please – Storm water issue Moreton Bay QLD

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of JenniferW38JenniferW38
    Participant
    @wilsonandwilson-ozemail

Hi all. I am new to forums but am hoping someone here may be able to help please. I have a subdivision project on the go and have run into problems with storm water. The block slopes slightly to the rear with a house on the front top corner. Engineer advises that fill will create a pooling problem for the front block and has suggested an infiltration pit in rear block (which will take up 50m2 of a small block) or access to kerb and channel via rear neighbour. I am trying to replicate a subdivision a few houses down and asked how they managed this situation. I have been advised that had theirs approved on the basis that the proposed finish floor level for the new house will provide a positive fall to the street, giving them a “charged line”. This was approved a few years ago and a new town plan is now in effect. I do not have any building plans required to complete my project and expect this may hinder my argument for the same. Can anyone make any further suggestions as to how I can address this situation? Many thanks in advance.

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Hi all. I am new to forums but am hoping someone here may be able to help please. I have a subdivision project on the go and have run into problems with storm water. The block slopes slightly to the rear with a house on the front top corner. Engineer advises that fill will create a pooling problem for the front block and has suggested an infiltration pit in rear block (which will take up 50m2 of a small block) or access to kerb and channel via rear neighbour. I am trying to replicate a subdivision a few houses down and asked how they managed this situation. I have been advised that had theirs approved on the basis that the proposed finish floor level for the new house will provide a positive fall to the street, giving them a “charged line”. This was approved a few years ago and a new town plan is now in effect. I do not have any building plans required to complete my project and expect this may hinder my argument for the same. Can anyone make any further suggestions as to how I can address this situation? Many thanks in advance.

This is a super common problem Im sorry to hear it has hit you too. Many people think block size is all you need to consider but drainage wrecks half the development sites I look at. Charged systems are great if you can get council to approve them. A bit of fill, an onsite detention system (rainwater tank) on a slightly raised pad, or a combo of gravel pit plus tank etc or else if the slope is too much and council not playing ball then the easement to drain out the back through neighbouring property is a must. If it makes the dev possible i wont hesitate to make offers of $5-10k to neighbours for the inconvenience of putting a drainage pipe down their side fence.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.