All Topics / Value Adding / Garage conversion

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of SimonSimon
    Participant
    @simon1313

Hi All

I took possession of my property on Tuesday and am well underway with the renovations.

I am after peoples thoughts on what is best to replace the garage door on a conversion? A sliding glass door or glass panel with windows?

The panel is about $450 cheaper and I feel is better security.

Cheers

S

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Simon,

It depends on where you are going with this. I had an occasion to do similar and I chose the slider, as the house layout and location suited a possible “home office” – but could also be another bedroom, giving me, or the tenant, choice. The room created behind this front room became a study (but could also have been a “backroom” for the office – filing, storing goods, computer setup, etc).

If your situation doesn’t suit such an option and was simply to be an extra bedroom, then maybe you don’t need a slider.

Benny

Profile photo of SimonSimon
    Participant
    @simon1313
    Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

We had a house a while ago which had a converted garage to bedroom (it was actually a display home years ago and that was the office).

To make it fit in, they had run a row of bricks at the bottom and top to make it a proper large window – i prefer this aesthetically to just putting wall to wall glass which is an obvious conversion which will reduce the appeal somewhat from a value perspective.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.