All Topics / Help Needed! / Draftsman in Logan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of SimonSimon
    Participant
    @simon1313

Hi All

I am after a recommendation for a draftsman in Logan & advice on the below?

The situation is looking like I will be forced to use one after finding out counsel have no building plans for the house I purchased. I just paid $75 for set of plans for a patio extension from 2004 (angryface).

The plan was to modify the original plans to convert the garage to a habitable room. Seeing as the slab is thick enough, damp course is down & ceiling is the correct height we are most of the way there. Drawings to put a glass sliding door where the roller is & maybe a window to replace back door.

Anyone have experience on this? Advice I have received so far has been mixed, ranging from “Na mate, no one gets these certified don’t worry about it”, to…. Full on plans drawn up & submitted for approval to a building certifier.

My stance is if the room is not officially considered a 4th bedroom its a waste of time & money. I just want to get it done as cheap as possible.

So far I am looking at the below numbers

Carport
    double carport colorbond 4100 installed
    Sitting variation up to 1400 as the carport is extending beyond 6m of boundry
    $? widen driveway to accommodate double carport

Conversion
    1k draftsman
    3k install glass sliding door with security screens.
    Possible insulation cost ?? If needed then relining walls as well, however I have been advised as it is existing this requirement may not be the same as a new build & existing is fine?
    Garage is fully lined from 94 with no evidence of rising damp, have been told this strongly suggests slab has membrane under it.
    Flooring ??
    Paint??
    Building certifier fees??

I am wanting to get this done for under 15k? What am i missing?

Should I go to the trouble of putting up a double carport or save $ and just go the single? There are cars parked on the street or the front of property’s in the aria so I don’t think its going to be a deal breaker for rent or re-sale. Re-val is what I am interested in.

Cheers

S

Profile photo of GiovanniGiovanni
    Participant
    @giovanni

a good investor is one that minimizes risk. Go the legal way and get it approved properly.

Impact Design and drafting are located in your area. I would recommend them.

http://www.designimpact.com.au/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.