All Topics / General Property / Trump's Proposed Tax changes and the possible impact here

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

In the United States the President Donald Trump is proposing to lower business tax to as low as 15 cents on the dollar. They have also reached out to American companies who currently have Trillion of dollars outside the United States and offered those companies a one-off deal of being charged a flat tax of just 10% if they want to bring the money back home.
    In Australia, we are looking at a reduction from 30% to 27.50% and this will be restricted to companies earning under 50 million in turn over. To me our parliament is being very short sighted.
    If the tax rate for companies is reduced to 15% it means that America will go from being the 32nd most competitive country in the world to the 2nd most competitive.
    So, what does this mean?
    I think there is a good chance that investment funds will pour into the United States and we may well be the losers in this. Our Prime Minister should be on a plane meeting with the President as soon as possible.
    In the meantime, I am establishing a new company to acquire large commercial assets in the 5 to 15 million range for long term investing. If I am right the US economy could be in for very strong growth over the next 5 to 10 years.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.