All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Interstate Property Accountant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Wct01Wct01
    Join Date: 2015
    Post Count: 19

    I am about to work with a property accountant who is knowledgeable in my preferred type of property strategy. However he is based in Sydney and I am in WA and I am looking to invest in WA. Would there be any issues with working with an interstate property accountant other than the fact that our time zones vary and I would have do deal with him over the phone/email? Would there be any WA-specific issues that an interstate accountant would need to be familiar with? Would appreciate any advise from the group. Thanks.

    Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Join Date: 2001
    Post Count: 16,190


    If you mean tax agent then they advise on commonwealth legislation.

    Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    Email Me

    Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Aust wide)

    Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Join Date: 2012
    Post Count: 1,010

    As Terry has noted – legislation is federal so you shouldn’t have problems with this.

    Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    Email Me | Phone Me

    Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.