All Topics / Help Needed! / Private building certifier, Garage conversion

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of SimonSimon
    Participant
    @simon1313

Hi all

Can someone recommend a private building certifier in Brisbane / Logan.

What experience has others had converting a garage into a bedroom & adding a carport? Is this really a viable option to add value? I have noticed in some areas in Logan 4x1s are selling at the price of 3x1s or for not much more, some areas they do better.

Anyone care to throw a ball park figure of what this may cost?

I am now debating what I would be better spending my $ on, a light reno including, internal paint, refreshing laundry, toilet, bathroom & fixtures. replacing old ceiling fans, adding air con, new fence palings & tidy up the garden (Kitchen & flooring was refreshed a few years ago).

Or… Convert the Garage that is part of the structure & add a carport turning it from a 3x1x1 to a 4x1x2.

Of-course the goal is to maximize rental returns & add equity. I could potently do both but am afraid of over capitalizing or doing it so cheap I run into problems with jobs not being done correctly.

So far I have the light reno budgeted at 10k with me doing the demo work, sourcing materials like a stone top vanity in 2pac great condition for $100, new shower screen $50, good price on tiles, doing the garden work & fencing etc.

Could I do the other work well for around 15k? Approval, plans and a builder sounds expensive to me.

Taking action is not an issue for me, but in a situation like this taking the right action would mean being able to move forward quicker.

Would love to hear others experiences / thoughts.

Cheers all

S

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.