All Topics / Help Needed! / Capital growth rate?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of newbie2015newbie2015
    Participant
    @newbie2015

Hi all

Just wanted some advice on how to calculate/forecast capital growth rate for Sydney apartments over 10 year period?

I am currently using 3% but I haven’t really got a clue.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Ethan TimorEthan Timor
    Participant
    @ethantimor

Well, nobody knows for sure. Some use past data as a guide for the future, others pay for extensive reports predicting future growth and some just guess 😂

Personally, I don’t calculate CG in my calculations. Yes, I like to buy where there will be growth but that’s a bonus and I don’t believe there is a way to know for sure (could be 0, could be 10% p/a or anywhere in between 😉)

Ethan Timor | Aligned Finance Pty Ltd
    http://www.alignedfinance.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Active Investor & Broker; Based in Northern NSW, servicing Australia wide; Author of '34 Proven Ways to Maximise Your Borrowing Power' (download free from our website)

Profile photo of newbie2015newbie2015
    Participant
    @newbie2015

Thanks for your reply.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

There’s not real method – that’s crystal ball gazing.

You can look at previous stats, but what drove those previous gains may not happen again so it’s effectively just you taking a guess.

Apartments though, supply/demand equation is terrible for them everywhere in Australia as they are built more and more – so you could very well estimate a growth rate of 0%, or as has happened in some others capitals negative growth.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.