All Topics / Value Adding / Estimate of Civil Costs per Block Bendigo for development feasibility

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Focus Property OptionsFocus Property Options
    Participant
    @focusproperty

Hello, I’m relatively new at developing. Have found a block for a potential 20 lot (average 500m2) subdivision. Working on the feasibility and having trouble getting estimates on what the civil costs per block are. Does anybody have some estimates for this?

Profile photo of Road RunnerRoad Runner
    Participant
    @road-runner

Can vary a lot depending upon location, earthworks, topography,lead in services, ground conditions etc. I’d recommend getting an experts advice. However, as a rule of thumb (in Sydney) $60-$80k per standard 450m2 lot is typical. This would be a level site with no lead ins, clean, excluding contingencies, contributions levies, consultants etc.

Profile photo of Focus Property OptionsFocus Property Options
    Participant
    @focusproperty

Thanks RoadRunner. Have been ringing around experts for an estimate for a feasibility before committing to purchase. Uphill “battle”. Decided I wanted to chase up the information myself to better understand the process. Many experts do not encourage my choice I have to say. Have found an expert who doesn’t talk down to me so will be paying him to do a feasibility.

Profile photo of Road RunnerRoad Runner
    Participant
    @road-runner

Fair enough. Should have mentioned I’m based in Sydney. So, cost base may be different. Your in the right track getting an experts opinion. Make you get the full cost. Look carefully at the assumptions and exclusions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.