All Topics / Help Needed! / Leakage in garage floor after settlement

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ValVal
    Participant
    @val2000

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can give me some idea on what to do about this issue that i’m facing.

I’be bought a 3 bedroom house in Victoria and the settlement happened a couple of months ago. Recently I noticed that sometimes when it rains heavy there is water seepage into garage from the bottom corner of wall. I looked on the other side of the wall and found the neighbor has concrete path running right against garage wall without any sort of expansion joint and it looks like the previous owner(neighbor confirmed this) put some black waterproofing thing(bitumen rubber??) along the joint to prevent water getting in garage.
    So i’m not sure if i have any right to ask the owner to fix the leak? I’m also concerned that with concrete right against the wall might cause more problems due to concrete expansion in hot weather so should I be chasing that with neighbor?

The property was bought on unconditional private sale through REA.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Val

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Not a chance – you don’t get a warranty from buying a house. The exception would be for new builds which still fall under the warranty period, but from the sounds of what work you’ve noted I doubt there is anything way to get this re-mediated by another party.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of ValVal
    Participant
    @val2000

Thanks for your response Corey.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.