All Topics / Help Needed! / Calling people on the Do Not Call register to ask if they would like to sell.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Captain_PicardCaptain_Picard
    Participant
    @captain_picard

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I posted here. I need to know, is it legal to ring people on the Do Not Call register to ask if they would consider selling their property? I am talking about putting an option on it to buy myself, not to onsell it via any type of vendor finance, nor to list it as a real estate agent. I reviewed the DNC website for three hours, and couldn’t find anything in regards to calling people with a view of buying their property; it is all about how you are not allowed to sell them something, such as on a telemarketing call. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,

Captain Picard.

Profile photo of BomberboyBomberboy
    Participant
    @maddychev

G’day
    Firstly the following is an opinion, but if you spend 3 hours on the DNC website you are somebody that researches so you most likely have covered what I’ve got to add.
    Did you obtain their number via ethical/legal means?
    Do you have knowledge of future planning, council decisions, commercial ventures that have been obtained via privileged/unethical/non legal means? ie; not yet in the public domain
    Reason being is I worked in several Govt departments with access to personal details and future planning etc, which if I used it for personal gain would come back to bite me. Think of the NSW minister that bought farmland knowing a coal mine was going in.
    If you are acting ethically I couldn’t see what role the DNC plays in it, hence why you can’t see anywhere on their site addressing this issue.
    Would you feel the same if they had a Monaro for example in their drive that you wondered if they wanted to sell?

BTW: My sister missed out on a house at auction, so doorknocked each house in that street she wanted to live in eventually finding people who were willing to sell

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.