All Topics / Help Needed! / Selling off the plan, how does it work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JohnJohn
    Participant
    @jcar11457

hi All

I have bought a off the plan unit last year, a friend intend to buy it off from me now, the unit is not yet ready (not even started)
    We are wondering how does this work with selling/buying wise, he is willing to pay more than the original purchase price, how does it work to transfer the contract from mine to him?

Cheers

John

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

John

You will need to engage a lawyer to review the contract and determine based on the relevant clause if the developer will allow you to sell prior to settlement and who keeps the profit – you or the developer. Some of these contracts are quite cunning in this regard.

There will be a nomination involved which the lawyer will provide legal advice on.

Of course – my post is not legal advice

Cheers Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

John

When you purchased the property did you have and or nominees in the contract? If you did it makes it easy. However it is important to seek legal advice to make sure you get this right

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Nigel Kibel Nigel Kibel.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of JohnJohn
    Participant
    @jcar11457
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.