All Topics / General Property / To undertake underpinning or not to?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of NatNat
    Participant
    @natas

Dear those in the know,

I have an older renovated house ( 5 min walk to beach/train) and 15 km from Melbourne cbd.

Small section of the house is 50 degree slope and the rest is ok. Current situation is liveable.

What to do? Spend money on underpinning? Or leave as is, block is 390 m with a view of rebuilding or subdividing land in 7 years time.

In this suburb many old houses are being demolished to make way for townhouses.

Would appreciate to hear your thoughts and insights from your property experience.

Warm regards

Nat

Profile photo of JaxonJaxon
    Participant
    @jaxona

Well if you can work out the returns and effort for each avenue then you will answer your own question

Jaxon | Jaxon Avery – Financial Adviser
    http://www.jpafinancialservices.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

JPA Financial Services Pty Ltd

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

the house is 50 degree slope and the rest is ok. Current situation is liveable.

Presumably this is a typo and you mean 5 degrees? If not you had better buy your tenants a few ladders to get around the house.

Tools

Profile photo of OriginalsinnerOriginalsinner
    Participant
    @originalsinner

Do you live in it or rent it out? Is it costing you anything or endangering anyone? Do you plan to tear it down in seven years anyway, regardless? Curious.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.