All Topics / Value Adding / Renovating Consultant in Adelaide

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of ProperMentalProperMental
    Participant
    @propermental

Hi all,

I’m looking to renovate my home to add more value and would like to engage a local renovating consultant in Adelaide. Ideally, I’d like to engage a consultant who will give me an plan of what I should or shouldn’t do to yield more growth rather than try to turn my house into the best house in the street and charge me more for project managing the renovation.

I’d appreciate any recommendation.

Many thanks,

Profile photo of D.T.D.T.
    Participant
    @dtraeger

We can help you with this. We often manage renovations for interstate landlords to rental spec rather than owner occupier spec.

D.T. | DT Property Management
    http://www.dtproperty.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Adelaide Property Management - whole Adelaide metro

Profile photo of ProperMentalProperMental
    Participant
    @propermental

Hi D.T

Thank you for your offer but we are living in the house at the moment and only looking for a designer to give us ideas. Most parts of the renovation will be DIY.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

For a non investment property you will struggle to find a professional who will be able to tell you the best bang for buck renovation ideas – as it’s generally either style or pure profit.

It is fairly simple to establish however – spend the money on what you like updating the property whilst also looking at what else is selling in the area. You will quickly established what is required/standard/above spec in your area and can renovate accordingly. For example if the suburb had every house selling their houses with stone benchtops you would not put in a laminate benchtop in a new kitchen. Likewise if it were the other way around you may be overcapitalising.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of ProperMentalProperMental
    Participant
    @propermental

Your advice is very much appreciated Corey.

Cheers,

David Thiu
    Participant
    @david-thiu

Hi ProperMental,

I am looking into using the Renovation Strategy as well, and from what I’ve learned, you want to focus primarily on ‘Cosmetic Renovation’ to add more perceived value than costs. The following URL might give you some ideas:

http://www.handyman.net.au/renovate-profit-10-easy-steps

I’m not an expert in this area but would be happy to share my thoughts with you when I visit Adelaide in November – Just shoot me a message with your contact details.

Cheers,

David

David Thiu
    Participant
    @david-thiu

Just something that came to mind…

Why not ask the real estate agents around that area?

They’d probably know your target demographic a lot better, and can advise on what’s sought after, and what will give you the biggest bang for your buck…

Profile photo of trudkintrudkin
    Participant
    @trudkin

Check out Delmar & Brown property consulting. They’ve been doing some nice work around Adelaide in the past 18 months

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.