All Topics / Help Needed! / Brisbane House or Melbourne Unit with $850K budget

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of MaxMax
    Participant
    @zoldlady

Hi Guys

I registered for this website just today but already found many useful tips.
    Importantly, I feel the participates are very generous on giving their thoughts so I
    decide to seek help for an investment decision that has been troubling me at the moment.

I have the finance ready for a $850K property.
    The question is where/what to buy.
    My self-education towards buying in suburbs of the capital cities closer to the CBD and with strong capital growth.
    I’m in Brisbane so the first thing came to my mind is a house in a good suburb that near Brisbane CBD.
    On a second thought, recent years have seen the two bigger cities experiencing capital growth much greater than Brisbane. However, $850K would not be sufficient for a house in the inner city suburbs of Sydney or Melbourne, but only a unit/villa/townhouse with less land component.

So a house in Brisbane Vs a unit/villa/townhouse in Mel/Syd.
    I know there won’t be a clearcut answer to which one is better, what I’m looking for is some insight on
    the pro and con for each option and possibly some other reasonable options that I didn’t know of.

Thanks in advance!

Max

Profile photo of daniel vicdaniel vic
    Participant
    @daniel-vic

Is the property for investment ?
    Have you thought about buying possibly out of the cbd say 25-35 km you might be able to pick up 3 properties as composed to just buying one ? Food for thought

Profile photo of Ethan TimorEthan Timor
    Participant
    @ethantimor

Welcome, Max!

I think we need to know more about your strategy. Is it “buy and hope” or plan to manufacture growth somehow?

Ethan Timor | Aligned Finance Pty Ltd
    http://www.alignedfinance.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Active Investor & Broker; Based in Northern NSW, servicing Australia wide; Author of '34 Proven Ways to Maximise Your Borrowing Power' (download free from our website)

Profile photo of MaxMax
    Participant
    @zoldlady

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your message.
    It is for investment.

Profile photo of MaxMax
    Participant
    @zoldlady

Hi Ethan

Thanks for you message.
    I’m on a buy and hope strategy.

Profile photo of Ethan TimorEthan Timor
    Participant
    @ethantimor

Hi Ethan
    Thanks for you message.I’m on a buy and hope strategy.

That strategy is honestly completely out of my area of ‘expertise’ as an investor.

Generally speaking, as I’m sure you know, the only way you’ll see a profit is if the local market where you’ll buy will rise and/or if you’ll buy under market (vendor that has to sell etc).

So, which area do you think will do better over the next x years that your strategy is aiming at?

Personally, I don’t have a crystal ball so I have no idea which of the three capitals will perform better over the next x years, not to mention which suburb.

Hope this helps and sorry I couldn’t help more 😕

Ethan Timor | Aligned Finance Pty Ltd
    http://www.alignedfinance.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Active Investor & Broker; Based in Northern NSW, servicing Australia wide; Author of '34 Proven Ways to Maximise Your Borrowing Power' (download free from our website)

Profile photo of BallerinaBallerina
    Participant
    @ballerina

Hi Max

Your budget is rather big. Maybe if you buy a house in Brisbane (more growth potential) and unit in regional town (higher rental yield)…. To spread your risk.
    Of course, only you know your numbers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.