All Topics / Help Needed! / Non resident mortgage, does having a certain type of visa help?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jmnes12jmnes12
    Participant
    @jmnes12

Happy New year everyone!

I have a question for the mortgage brokers of the forum. Being a non resident Canadian, married to a non working Australian means that the max I can get for a mortgage is 60% LVR from my bank. I was wondering, if I had a 309 spousal visa (which I don’t have at the moment but could apply for) would it help me with the banks? Looking to buy my PPR and 60% LVR is just not cutting it in NSW!

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

Profile photo of jmnes12jmnes12
    Participant
    @jmnes12

I should also state I don’t live in Aus, but in Tokyo, Japan.

Profile photo of TomTom
    Participant
    @thebeardedbroker

Does your partner live in Japan as well? Provided you’re both on the application there are a number of lenders who will consider this deal on the strength of your partner’s citizenship.

Lending policy around overseas borrowing tightened up significantly late last year but I know of a couple of lenders that will still go to high LVRs for overseas citizens. The next challenge is income as they will generally shade it to 80% of your foreign income.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Tom Tom.

Tom | Voyage Wealth
    http://thebeardedbrokerwa.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

The Bearded Broker for Voyage Wealth - all things finance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.