All Topics / Help Needed! / Help with dealing with council over land

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Renster
    Participant
    @renster

Hi I am trying to help my mother who has land and some cottages in the Lake Macquarie area, NSW which used to be used to provide hostel accommodation to boarding house type people, but is now closed and she is trying to go through council then sell. The houses are not crash hot but the land should be valuable because of the area.

It has taken up to two years going through council, taking down a main building, getting title blocks set up and now getting separate access roads in for different blocks, apparently only one access road per 2 blocks. To top that off council has said a large section, being near trees is in a so called fire zone and also a so called flood zone, which will adversely affect the price we may get for this part of the land. Also the zoning may not allow developers to do dense development.

I was wondering if there is anyone people can recommend out there that are able to positively deal with council to get things going our way to increase the sale value, or change zoning, or some sort of different outcome re the fire and flood zone??

Many thanks :))

Profile photo of Ethan TimorEthan Timor
    Participant
    @ethantimor

You mean you are dealing with the council yourself? 😱

I generally like pros doing their thing instead of amateur me doing it. Maybe consult with a surveyor or a town planner?

Good luck and happy new year!

Ethan Timor | Aligned Finance Pty Ltd
    http://www.alignedfinance.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Active Investor & Broker; Based in Northern NSW, servicing Australia wide; Author of '34 Proven Ways to Maximise Your Borrowing Power' (download free from our website)

Renster
    Participant
    @renster

Thanks Ethan, no not dealing with council ourselves we do have a guy who deals in this area but he may be too much of doing things strictly by the book rather than pushing the envelope so to speak.

I say this because one of my brothers said that a friend of his got council to approve multi development next to quite a lot of trees by employing a personal investigator to find some sort of way around council that permitted the development. We are still waiting for my brother to give us this info tho it may be just a pub story thatis exaggerated or different circumstances to us.

In any case it is good to get others opinions.

cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.