All Topics / General Property / Would you recommend a buyers agent? (Newbie)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ChrisChris
    Participant
    @volta

Hi All, I am a newbie to the game. I have one IP where I live in Cairns which is CF neutral but value hasn’t gone anywhere. I am looking for my 2nd property and would like to invest in a capital city, maybe Brisbane which fits my budget and easier for me to visit. I honestly don’t know what I am looking at as far as good areas, good deals in places I am not familiar with and don’t have the time to get down there and talk to people on the ground.
    My question is, what does everyone think of using a buyers agent in my circumstance, such as We Find Houses or National Property Buyers. Has anyone had experience with them? Or are you better of saving your money and scouring the listings for months?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Chris,

All depends on how much you are looking to spend the level of your deposit and the cost of the BA.

I hear stories all day long of BA’s charging 10K – 12K for a 300K property which i find hard to justify when we charge just over half of this and offer a full service.

We certainly have recently purchased a number of properties for forum clients over the last 6 months and there is no shortage of clients on the waiting list.

In saying all of this depends on your financial circumstances as to whether you will get mileage from a BA service.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ChrisChris
    Participant
    @volta

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply.

Budget is 450-500K. No deposit.

I might email you offline for your fee structure.

Cheers Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.