All Topics / Overseas Deals / The guarantee it ISN'T a good deal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of emma171emma171
    Participant
    @emma171

I am putting this on here simply because I am sick of superlatives. They are coming to you even still on this forum.

“Best”, “Most”, and, okay, not superlatives however “Never”… “Don’t Miss”

Guarantee you one thing…they are the indicators of someone who probably shouldn’t sell real estate.

There are great deals to be had in any market every day. “Best”…simply begs me to ask “prove it” and then take utter delight in proving it could not humanly be the “best”.

The secrets haven’t changed but if you can see on Realtor.com or Zillow in the US the last 6 months of sold properties for SF and find within a 1/2 mile radius a cheaper house (like for like size wise) than you are being sold; couple that with a look at active for sales within a 1/2 mile and see anything else cheaper listed…. get very, very suspicious.

Ask the person selling you the property to pull comparisons from the local MLS….both for sale and for rent….if they aren’t an agent – do it yourself through realtor.com

Same old, same old. Stop buying through middle men and buy through a licensed real estate agent or save the money and do the research.

Rant over back to property jigsaw puzzles :)

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of emma171 emma171.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of emma171 emma171.
    Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

HI Emma… are you in Vegas or Atlanta ?

Profile photo of emma171emma171
    Participant
    @emma171

Jay..how are you?! Ha..no, I am in the Bahamas,where I am spending a lot of my life these days. I was in ATL last week but now at my other, other home. GREAT buying here…view is pretty amazing as well…someone has to do it. I seem to remember saying we would all end up working from our laptops in the Caribbean…!

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Emma

Totally with you on this one.

Many of the deals we have been presented have been a no go, over estimation of end values etc. is pretty stock standard stuff.

There are plenty of tools available and information to work out what they should be paying and whether a deal stacks up.

Marisa
    MTR:)

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Jay,

Emma helped me with my Bahamas purchase.

Introduced me to key people and gave me solid advice.

She is awesome :)

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Emma just popped back on .. every thing is rosy here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.