All Topics / Value Adding / Dual occupancy: 2nd hand house: need Help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • tanjimh
    Participant
    @tanjimh

I am doing due diligence with a dual occupancy project.
    I am looking at options to put a removable house at the back of the property and put it on stamps. Then raise it to the legal height, connect all services and renovate.Then build a unit on the ground floor.
    This will be my 1st development project. so some help will be really appreciated from someone who has done this before.

1. There is a house at the front of the block and I have 4m side access. I will keep this house. How do I put a removable house at the back of the property?

2. Does anyone have a cost calculator? There are lots of unknowns and I do not know what they are.

The other option is to renovate the front house and build a low set at the back.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I’d suggest that you contact one of the house removalists to assess the block and their stock.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Definitely check with a house mover – I’d be very interested to hear how they can move a transportable house to the rear – ie whether they’re rated as safe for overhead crane use. If this is an old fibro/queenslander style house I’d be surprised if it can be pulled off without gaining access to the rear somehow.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.