All Topics / Help Needed! / Becoming a more sophisticated investor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Mikey66Mikey66
    Participant
    @mikey66

Hi ALL,

I have been Studying property investment for the last 2 years understand this is not long.
    I have read many book watched countless videos and webinars/seminars i have learned a lot about the theory of property investing and know that you can make money from positive cash flow subdivisions development Renos ect and become financially free through property investing. Now i am at the stage where i need to know the nitty gritty details on how to do it in the real world example i know you can add value through renovation but when i look for a investment property to purchase how will i know the material costs which materials are best to use how much labor will cost ECT. these forums in the past week since i joined have had a wealth of information especially juicy details what would you gusy/gals recommend on further investment training do i just have to jump in and do it and learn by experience? i know that can be costly and it is better to learn from others mistakes.Does anyone think Steves apprenticeship training course is worth it? I am willing to do whatever it takes to invest in myself and knowledge but don’t want to get ripped off or scammed.

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of Ethan TimorEthan Timor
    Participant
    @ethantimor

Hey mate,

My 2c are that after all the theories, hands-on experience is the next step.

You don’t have to buy in order to get some experience!

You can find potential properties that are for sale and that their value can be increased and start crunching the numbers on those specific properties. You can call tradies, surveyors, real estate agents, anyone you need. I’m sure at least some will be happy to help in order to get a serial investor as their client.

Hope this helps? 😊

Cheers,
    Ethan

Ethan Timor | Aligned Finance Pty Ltd
    http://www.alignedfinance.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Active Investor & Broker; Based in Northern NSW, servicing Australia wide; Author of '34 Proven Ways to Maximise Your Borrowing Power' (download free from our website)

Profile photo of Mikey66Mikey66
    Participant
    @mikey66

HI Ethan

Thanks for the advice i think that’s a good idea just start calling around now without actually committing to anything for now

Participant
    @ethantimor

Sure thing, alway happy to help.

I still learn a lot just by looking at properties and running the numbers. Most properties I don’t end up buying but I do learn something from most of them anyway :-)

Will be happy to read more on your progress as your journey progresses.

All the best,
    Ethan

Email Me | Phone Me

Active Investor & Broker; Based in Northern NSW, servicing Australia wide; Author of '34 Proven Ways to Maximise Your Borrowing Power' (download free from our website)

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Mickey
    reading books, courses etc. may be helpful but at the end of the day its action that will make it happen.

I started property investing in 2001 and 4 yours ago started property developing and am now onto my 5th successful project, its all about learning and networking.

Its important to know how much you can borrow for starters. Its also equally important to understand property cycles and the easiest way to make money is to buy in rising markets. We have just seen property markets booming in Sydney and Melbourne, if you purchased in these States you could have easily doubled your money as they have been booming since 2013. The good news is its not too late……

There are many ways to make money but you need to crawl before you walk, you are on the right track keep learning and key is networking with people who are successful investors. What State are you in??? It would be good to meet up with an investment group in your State, I may be able to help you with this one?

Marisa:)
    MTR

Profile photo of Brett MBrett M
    Participant
    @brettmesser1

Hi Ethan

What do you use to run the numbers, have you built your own spreadsheet or use a program?

Thanks
    Brett

Participant
    @ethantimor

Hi Ethan
    What do you use to run the numbers, have you built your own spreadsheet or use a program?
    ThanksBrett

Yeah, created my own spreadsheet template which I keep updating and tweaking all the time 👍😎

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.