All Topics / Help Needed! / Sign off Letter of comfort requested from Bank

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of JamesJames
    Participant
    @hwjung

I have set up my SMSF by myself (using esuperfund.com.au) 1 and half years ago and bought a house recently with a loan from Liberty. The bank requested to sign off ‘Letter of Comfort’ and I’m looking for FP who can review and sign off the document.

I checked with esuperfund but they don’t provide financial advice and I found that It’s very hard to get a right FP.
    The settlement date is coming and It’s getting urgent. does anyone know a FP who can help on this ?

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hi there,

Unfortunately you will be up for a last minute surprise. A FP will most likely charge between $1k and I have seen $3k for this sign off. Legally, it can be interpreted as credit advice, so good FP will most likely be reluctant to sign off. You can try ringing around, but expect push back, as the legalities around this are becoming public now. Liberty may have also created a side deed on your bare trust – you will want to read it closely. Personally, Liberty smsf is a lender of last resort.

All the best

Cheers, Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of JamesJames
    Participant
    @hwjung

Thank you for the advice. Yeah i expected that much cost. Anyway i need to get it done sooner than later.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.