All Topics / General Property / Buy property behind an aquatic centre

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of jbjb
    Participant
    @jaymbhuta

Hi, I am looking to put an offer on a property which is at the back of an aquatic centre, sharing the same fence.
    I am looking for any views/insights on if there is any problem/issues to consider when buying such a property.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

– Parking issues
    – If It’s owned by council, they don’t have to pay for fencing in some states
    – noise, check operating hours and their DA. You don’t/may not want boot camp at 600am Sunday mornings
    – the lovely smell of chlorine or heating gas

Profile photo of BomberboyBomberboy
    Participant
    @maddychev

The fact you are asking the question here answers your own question.

If you have an inkling of doubt because of it, so will the next potential buyer etc.

Without knowing the facts etc, unless it was part of a commercial expansion either now or hoped for in the future I personally wouldn’t go near it. Having said that if you proceed, get an engineer/ quantity survey opinion about land stability, drainage etc…….oh and make sure it is a “water tight” contract

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Bomberboy has hit the nail on the head. Fundamentally if you’re asking the question – someone else will too. Any questions about the value of the property isn’t ideal as it will inevitably lead to a smaller buyer pool and price discounting.

Be in the business of buying A grade properties – there are millions upon millions of properties in Australia, as investors we can all afford to be fussy.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of jbjb
    Participant
    @jaymbhuta

Thanks Scott, Bomberboy, Corey for your valuable insights. I looked into each of the factors mentioned over the weekend for e.g there is a continuous noise of exhaust fans coming when the aquatic center is in operation and also smell of chlorine coming occasionally.

Profile photo of BomberboyBomberboy
    Participant
    @maddychev

Again, not knowing many details such as size wind direction, building materials of the potential house etc, but chlorine and its gases are highly corrosive……wrecking aluminium window frames, colorbond roofing, wiring not to mention simple things like TV connections and internals.

Ask a poolshop owner how long they get out of a computer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.