All Topics / Help Needed! / found a property in Bendigo – then found out it has a mine on it!?!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of jojojojo
    Participant
    @melbjo

Long story short, found a property I was considering putting in an offer on, got hold of the section 32, and it has a mine hazard.

(substantial edit)

Have had it clarified, there is a historic mine shaft, as well as being within the area which has been mined until recently, two separate mine issues.

Regarding the old shaft, what dangers does this pose? What is the land holders responsibility in caretaking of an old mine shaft? There is basically no information on it except that it exists, somewhere approximating the cross on the map, and I believe it is locked in a shed.

What about things like… digging on the site – what if one day the house gets pulled down and a new one built? can it be filled in somehow? Shouldn’t there be an easement where the mine is? can you tenant a house with a condition that they never go in the mine shed? I assume it is capped, but I don’t know. Can I force the agent to show me? Thus far he has brushed off or avoided questions about the mine/shed.

Wouldn’t you think there would be more information than… there is one, within 30 metres of this dot on the map…

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of jojo jojo.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of jojo jojo. Reason: new information and no-one replied yet anyway
    Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

How do you know an agent is lying…..their lips are moving.

Of course you can force an agent to show you whats there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.