All Topics / Help Needed! / Comparing the US market (as seen on Bigger Pockets) with the Australian market

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Terry Power
    Participant
    @terry-power

Hi all downunder property investors. So I’ve been spending a considerable amount of time on Bigger Pockets (the US investment community) before i even discovered this community. I have been blown away by the deals spoken about on the podcasts and the forum there.
    My question: is anyone else amazed by the US deals or similar deals available here and i’m just not aware of them?
    Love to hear from successful Aussie investors with similar number of properties (cash flow positive) as i’m seeing in the US market.
    Many thanks, Terry
    PS… i’m based in Western Australia

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi TerryP

Amazing markets to play in and strategies we can not use in Australia due to population. There are many hot markets and it still comes down to who you know and who you network with. Still very easy to get burnt unless you understand the product, and the slippage.

Been investing in US since 2011/12 and have 9 properties large Single family homes (SFH) which have been renovated and been renting these out. These have now tripled in value and provide over 25% gross yields.

I am now currently playing in 3 markets in US using a couple of strategies, and loading up on properties as I only see upside.

We are also looking at developing as US, it is now in first building stage of the cycle, I am a developer so this one is up my alley, am also based in Perth but been developing in the Melb market.

MTR:)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of MTR MTR.
    Profile photo of Jimmy DJimmy D
    Participant
    @fooska23

Hi Terry,
    my name is Jim. Im an Aussie living in the US. have been investing here for the last 6 years. Some of the deals here are amazing…some are not so amazing.
    Knowing how to find them & how to accurately assess profitability are crucial.
    i made a few mistakes in the beginning but was lucky to hold & appreciation has turned even those bad properties into great investments with double digit positive cashflow & capital growth of 50% or more in the last few years.
    If you want to chat or get into some deals with me, im open to that too.
    Talk soon
    Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.